This delicious ham recipe will steal the show this Easter.
With Easter Sunday coming up, you are probably deciding what to serve for your Easter feast. If you are looking for a fun spin on an Easter classic, then try out this twist on a glazed ham. No one will guess that the secret ingredient is a can of everyone’s favorite soda!
Dr. Pepper Glazed Ham
- 1 bone-in whole ham (10 to 15 lbs.), fully cooked
- 20 whole cloves
- 1 can Dr. Pepper soda
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- sliced pineapple, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Score ham in a diamond pattern and dot with cloves, then transfer to a roasting pan and cover loosely with foil. Bake until warmed through, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, heat Dr. Pepper, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and mustard in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until reduced by half.
- Remove foil from ham and brush all over with glaze. Continue glazing ham every 10 minutes until caramelized and shiny.
- Remove ham from oven and let rest, 15 minutes, then slice. Serve with sliced pineapple.
This sweet and decadent glazed ham is sure to impress all your Easter guests! Are you looking for assistance with your insurance ahead of this holiday weekend? If so, then contact the experts at Duane Weber Insurance, Inc. in Kent, Washington. Our dedicated team is eager to assist you with all your coverage needs today.