Try out this delicious twist on a classic pizza.
October is National Pizza Month. One of the best ways to celebrate this month is by testing out some delicious homemade pizza recipes. Want to try out a tasty spin on a classic pizza? Then this flatbread pizza fits the bill perfectly!
(for the flatbread crust)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- vegetable oil, for pan
- 12 oz. grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ small red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped oregano
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. mozzarella, sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- balsamic glaze, for serving
- 2 cups arugula
- Preheat oven to 400° F. In a large bowl, whisk to combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add yogurt and oil and mix until no dry spots remain.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface. Transfer dough to surface and knead until smooth, 3 to 4 minutes, adding more flour if the dough is sticky.
- Divide dough into 3 pieces, then roll each piece into a ¼-inch thick round. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat and add enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook flatbreads until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Continue cooking flatbreads, adding more vegetable oil as needed.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, red onion, oil, and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Top each flatbread with cheese, tomato-onion mixture and bake until cheese is melty, 15 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with arugula before serving.
This flatbread pizza will be a welcome addition to your dinner table this National Pizza Month. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this October? If so, then contact the experts at Duane Weber Insurance, Inc. in Kent, Washington. We are ready to get you the coverage that you need today.