Comprehensive insurance is a type of auto insurance that covers damage to your car caused apart from a collision. This insurance covers the insured person from damages and third-party liabilities. Comprehensive insurance is also known as ‘other than collision’ car insurance policy as it protects the insurer from a list of damages that we will talk about in detail as we proceed with the blog.
Comprehensive coverage is an optional coverage that protects your vehicle from several damages. However, this insurance requires the individual to pay a certain deductible. Damages are inevitable, so let’s first discuss the benefits of getting comprehensive car insurance.
Benefits of Buying Comprehensive Car Insurance
Apart from collision, there can be several reasons your vehicle can be damaged. Standard auto insurance covers the losses caused by collision and theft. So, knowing the benefits of getting comprehensive car insurance is important.
- It gives the vehicle the utmost level of protection.
- You can claim insurance coverage even if you were at fault
- Gives financial protection
- Comprehensive car insurance covers the legal fees if you land up in a lawsuit.
- It Provides mental security as your need not worry if anything goes wrong with your vehicle.
What Does Comprehensive Insurance Usually Cover?
Every comprehensive insurance coverage can vary from insurer to insurer. So, you need to understand what a comprehensive insurance policy cover. Generally, the causes that most insurance agencies cover are enlisted below.
- Damage caused by weather conditions or natural disasters.
- Damage caused by fire
- Vehicle theft
- Third-party vehicle damage
- Damage caused by a falling object
- Vehicle vandalism
- Damage caused by hitting an animal
What Does Comprehensive Insurance Generally Not Cover?
Though comprehensive insurance provides coverage for various damages, as mentioned above. Certain things are not covered under this. These things excluded from comprehensive car insurance are generally covered in auto insurance.
- Vehicle depreciation
- Vehicle breakdown, this includes electrical or mechanical
- Wear and tear of thes vehicle
- Damage caused while the driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Damage caused by a person driving without a valid license
- Damage caused due to war outbreak or nuclear risk
Now that you have a complete overview of comprehensive car insurance, we recommend getting one for your vehicle. Getting comprehensive car insurance will prove to be beneficial during unexpected times.
Duane Weber Insurance, Inc. Can Help You with Your Insurance Needs!
If you need comprehensive car insurance for your vehicle, then visiting Duane Weber Insurance, Inc. is the best choice for you. We will provide you with the best insurance policy in the market and offer maximum protection. Apart from comprehensive car insurance, we also provide auto, life, home, commercial, etc. Contact us today to get a quote for your insurance needs.