Have a safe and happy Halloween this year!
Throughout the month of October, everyone looks forward to celebrating Halloween. However, there are certain risks that could compromise the safety of your home and your visitors on Halloween. Try out these suggestions to ensure you have a safe night.
Front Yard Safety
- Clear away anything that could pose a walking hazard to trick-or-treaters and other Halloween guests. For instance, rake up fallen leaves, clear away rocks and stones, and remove planters or other ornaments that rest on the ground.
- Make sure that your front yard and walkways are adequately illuminated. By using ground lights and a light by your front door, you can ensure that guests do not miss any potential hazards as they make their way to your front door.
- Do not use real candles when decorating your home. The open flame poses a significant fire risk to your home and your Halloween guests.
- Do not hang heavy decorations overhead. These decorations could fall and strike a trick-or-treater or party guest, resulting in serious injuries.
- Avoid pop-up decorations. They could startle Halloween visitors and cause them to fall and injure themselves.
- Keep your pets away from the front door. All the action might make them anxious, which could cause them to react aggressively or make them more likely to run away.
- If you are hosting a party, keep your pet in a secluded part of your home. This too will ensure that your four-legged friend doesn’t get too stressed.
- Do not feed your pets Halloween treats. Many foods that are safe for humans are toxic to animals.
Try out these tips to ensure you have a safe Halloween. Want another way to protect yourself, your visitors, and your home this Halloween? Make sure you have the proper homeowners insurance protections in place. For assistance with your coverage needs, contact the team at Duane Weber Insurance, Inc. in Kent, Washington to get started today.