What to include in your emergency car kit.
The roads can be unpredictable. This is why it’s so important to always be prepared for the worst. One way to be ready for anything is by keeping a well-stocked emergency kit in your car. Not sure what you should include in your kit? Then consider the following.
Basics and Essentials
There are certain things that you should always keep in your car. Some of the car essentials that you should carry include:
- Jumper cables
- Flares and/or reflective lights
- Spare tire and jack (Many cars do not come with spare tires these days, so you may have to purchase one separately.)
- Flashlight and spare batteries
- Copy of your auto insurance policy (You should always have a copy of your policy so you can refer to it after an accident. Having this information on hand will also help you exchange information with the other motorist.)
If you ever get stranded, then you may assume that help is a quick call away. But what happens if you do not have cell service or if people cannot immediately come to your aid? Because you cannot always count on immediate help, it’s important to have survival gear to keep you healthy and safe. Your emergency car kit should include the following:
- 72-hour supply of water
- Non-perishable foods
- Emergency escape tool
- Water-resistant blankets
- Rain gear like a jacket, umbrella, and boots
- Dual-purpose utility knife
- Duct tape
- Zip ties
- First-aid kit, stocked with adhesive bandages, gauze, tweezers, scissors, painkillers, medication, ointment, antibacterial wipes, etc.
If you get stranded, then the last thing you want is to be left vulnerable. To protect yourself from whoever or whatever may come your way, pack the following:
- Pepper spray
- Card containing emergency contact information
- Disposable or prepaid cell phone
- Fire extinguisher
These are some of the supplies that you should include in your emergency car kit. Want another way to be prepared for anything? Then make sure you have the right auto insurance in place. For assistance with all your car coverage needs, contact the experts at Duane Weber Insurance, Inc. in Kent, Washington, today.